Saturday 9 April 2016

Home alone star Macaulay Culkin quits acting


Macaulay Culkin has revealed he will be quitting film or television after 28 years of commanding the Hollywood spotlight.

The 35-year-old actor shot to fame with his role as troubled child Kevin McCallister in the 'Home Alone' series back in 1990 but has maintained a low-profile in recent years.


"I’m a man in his mid-30s who’s essentially retired," Culkin tells New York magazine. "I kind of go where the wind takes me a little bit," before adding he fills his days "painting, writing and 'whatever".

Mail Online reports that Macaulay now splits his time between New York and France and he's grateful for the peace and quiet the French people give him with when he's there.

"It turned out that no, they recognized me, they just didn’t care. I was like, "where have you people been my entire life?" He explained on the subject of not being hassled in the street while in France.

He offered, "I’ll take walks at two or four in the morning, because there’s nobody out on the streets and it’s easy for me to go unnoticed."

Source: Nigerian Magazine

No comments: